Patient Comments: Psoriasis - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?

Comment from: pittypat1976, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

I have psoriasis mainly on my hands and inside my nose. I first got 6 injections in each hand and it cleared all of it up but after 2 months it all came back. My palms are raw. Dermatologist gave me ointments and more injections and oral pills. With this treatment 9 months ago, I started having PVCs (premature ventricular contractions), atrial fibrillation, shortness of breath, heart failure with swelling and weight gain and ended up having a heart ablation with a LINQ monitor in my chest. I stopped the pills and injections and now all my heart problems are gone. Pay attention to the side effects. So now I am going to try some Ideas I have read here. The ointments don't work. Just cost a lot of money!

Comment from: rachael078, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 27

I'm 19 and I have had psoriasis since I was 2 years old. It has always been all over my body but has recently gotten worse due to exam stress. I've tried so many different topical creams but nothing seems to do the trick! I've just started phototherapy again so hopefully that will clear it up!

Comment from: paul, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

I use Nerisone fatty ointment on prescription very effectively for psoriasis.

Comment from: Flippy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I have infrequent attacks of psoriasis on elbows and more recently knees, easily controlled with betamethasone cream as long as it is applied as soon as first itch. Many years earlier I had 'bubble skin' finger tips where outer layers would separate and peel off.

Comment from: gee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I've had psoriasis for 35 years and only just used a cream for athlete's foot and the results are amazing. Maybe now I can wear a skirt and go swimming for the first time.

Comment from: Carlos, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

I've had psoriasis for 29 years, and I found out about Alpha Mane eczema/psoriasis oil. My skin has never been as clear as it is today, and for the first time I am really excited about the summer. I'm telling everyone about this product.

Comment from: Michelle, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I was diagnosed with psoriasis after being put on lithium for manic depression. I use Dovonex ointment, Advantim creams and antifungal creams. Have used coal tar creams, soaps and solutions in the past to no avail. I find a swim in salt water daily in summer and a bit of sun and regular exercise plus water all help the skin. Must keep skin moisturized and have found sorbelene with glycerine & Vit E to be a good basic cream.

Comment from: swtgretchen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I just got guttate psoriasis for the first time three months ago from getting strep throat. It took four doctors to figure out what I had. Everyone else thought it was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin they gave me. I still have it. I read about the light therapy, but the doctor said for me not to go to the tanning salon because it's not good for me. I realize the risk, but I would rather take the risk than be itching from head to toe with this horrible thing!

Psoriasis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?
Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions Question: Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?
Psoriasis - Diet Question: Do certain foods positively or negatively impact your psoriasis?