Patient Comments: Scalp Psoriasis - Creams and Lotions

Which creams or lotions (topical medications) have helped you treat scalp psoriasis?

Comment from: Enver, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 27

I have psoriasis for many years and I have tried many crème, lotions, etc., you name it. One day I was looking over the counter of skin lotion at a big retailer store and I saw a crème with an ingredient that called my attention. I decided to try it. I have been using it for 3 months and my psoriasis improved enormously. You may try it. It is sold at Walmart and the crème is made by "Malibu”.

Comment from: mind interceptor, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 02

I've used conditioner with eucalyptus, specifically head and shoulder conditioner. The eucalyptus has a soothing effect and rids me of itchiness on my scalp. The dry scalp (dandruff) disappeared in a few weeks. I think scratching your scalp promotes the development of additional layer of skin. You can't help scratch your head when you are asleep.

Comment from: DJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have had psoriasis for a very long time and after cream after cream and dermatologist after dermatologist I finally went to an internist and now I get a shot once a week and my legs are almost clear and my elbows to. I started noticing a change after 3 weeks, it is so nice to finally be able to see my normal skin almost. Methotrexate; it works wonders.

Comment from: Razz1900, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 15

When I got Psoriasis, at first it itched like some sort of insect bite. But the problem became worse within a few weeks. It started to spread, so I went to the store and bought different types of anti-itch medicine. I tried almost all of them. After those failed I tried some cream that had coal tar in it. And within a few days it disappeared. Now I keep the coal tar cream in my medicine chest, just in case.

Comment from: Nurse, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

Dramatic improvement of psoriasis after starting Dead Sea salt baths 3x/ week using 3 cups/ bath. Also added Omega 3 4800 mg/day with 10,000 units of Vitamin D3 . Improvement has been gradual over several months, also raw Shea butter for dryness and installation of chlorine filter seemed to help. Even scalp has been cured.

Psoriasis - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis?
Psoriasis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with psoriasis?