Pseudogout, a form of arthritis, results when deposits of crystals collect in and around the joints. Symptoms of pseudogout include pain, stiffness, warmth, and joint swelling of the knees, ankles, hips, shoulders, and/or wrists. Treatment for pseudogout aims to decrease inflammation through the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, ice, and rest.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- colchicine, Colcrys
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- diclofenac, Voltaren, Cataflam, Voltaren-XR, Cambia
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
Amyloidosis is a group of diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloids) in various bodily areas. The...learn more »
In This Article
- Amyloidosis facts
- What is amyloidosis?
- What causes amyloidosis?
- What are risk factors for amyloidosis?
- What are amyloidosis symptoms and signs?
- How is amyloidosis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for amyloidosis?
- What are complications of amyloidosis?
- What is the prognosis of amyloidosis?
- Is it possible to prevent amyloidosis?
- Where can people find more information on amyloidosis?
Bursitis of the hip results when the fluid-filled sac (bursa) near the hip becomes inflamed due to localized soft tissue trauma...learn more »
Bursitis of the knee results when any of the three fluid-filled sacs (bursae) become inflamed due to injury or strain. Symptoms...learn more »
Shoulder bursitis is inflammation of the shoulder bursa. Bursitis may be caused by injury, infection, or a rheumatic condition....learn more »
Dehydration is the excessive loss of body water. There are a number of causes of dehydration including heat exposure, prolonged...learn more »
In This Article
- Dehydration facts
- What is dehydration?
- What causes dehydration?
- Dehydration pictures
- What are the signs and symptoms of dehydration?
- What about dehydration in children?
- How is dehydration diagnosed?
- How is dehydration treated?
- Can I treat dehydration at home?
- What are the complications of dehydration?
- Can dehydration be prevented?