Patient Comments: Prostatitis - Symptoms

What prostatitis symptoms did you experience?

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

I have chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. Sometimes it feels like there is pressure in my entire urinary tract and my scrotum. Many times it feels like I am sitting on a flaming golf ball. Mixed results with drug therapy.

Comment from: noel, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I have a pain just above the pelvic area, it feels slightly swollen and painful to touch. I have had fever for 3 weeks now, on and off, some days worse than others, but generally feeling depressed and low with it and very tired. Also I believe I may have a hernia near the right testicle, as the testicle disappears into my inner leg occasionally, the doctor seemed to think it was the start of a hernia.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 09

I'm 44 years old and suffer from prostatitis for the last 10 years, I find it mostly occurs after I drink a lot of vodka, beer, coffee, painful urination with little urine I found that drinking large amounts of water when symptoms occur helps a lot. Also believe it or not eating fresh broccoli. I always keep a lot of it in the fridge. I drink 4 tall classes of water and eat a cup of broccoli and within ten minutes it's over. Try it.

Comment from: medic1, 35-44 Male Published: January 17

My prostatis symptoms are frequent urinating with a slight burning sensation sometimes, inflammation on the penis head, tender testicles, soreness in the rectal area, and occasional odor.

Comment from: David, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 13

I am glad i have found this site, i have had pain in the tip of my penis for weeks now, including an aching testicle , pain in the hips and lower back, my doctor prescribed antibiotics for a urine infection , urine results came back normal, he then gave me a pile of tablets for sciatica but the pains still persist, i am off to the doctors again and going to insist for tests for prostatitis.

Comment from: kevz28, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 22

I am 49 yrs old, and today I found out I have prostatitus. It has been on again off again for one year. It got to the point where it is the worst pain I have felt in my life. Going number one or number two became excruciating and somewhat unsuccessful. I also went from 150 lbs to 130 lbs. I wish I would have went to the emergency room sooner. All I can say is that I pray this treatment works because the pain is very severe.

Comment from: Inspector Gadget, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 09

I had my first bout of prostatitis when I was 42 years old. It started as a bladder infection and migrated to my prostate. Every time I have a recurring infection it starts with difficultly emptying my bladder, pressure from the inflamed prostate, pain in my lower back, burning during urination and high fever. The recurring infections have taught me that a hasty visit to the ER is necessary when infection first presents itself. The inability to void requires the insertion of a urinary catheter for a period of 10 to 14 days and a regimen of antibiotics for 4 to 6 weeks. I am now 55 years old and in the midst of my fourth major infection from this illness in 12 years. The current infection is the first in 6 years. I have been taking Flomax to help empty my bladder and for 6 years it worked, but as I get older and my prostate gets larger, Flomax probably will not be as effective.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 21

I am only 44 years old and didn't think prostatitis would happen yet! Symptoms were a general feeling of being unwell, followed quickly by painful urinating, which after three days reduced to a trickle, then stopped altogether. A fever set in and the pain got the better of my pride so I visited the doctor. Blood was in my urine sample and there were markers for infection. A first course of antibiotics were given while I awaited blood test results. Three days later and no improvement with a worsening fever. The blood results showed WBC through the roof but the doctor seemed more interested in my stomach. I was admitted to the hospital, had a rectal exam, which found prostrate tenderness and an obvious diagnosis of prostatitis. Now, four days later, I'm home for rest and continued AB's along with much needed pain relief drugs. My lesson is learned and my advice is to swallow your pride quickly when you get trouble down south and be full and clear about your symptoms. Get help quickly and you may avoid the worst - it's a force to be reckoned with.

Prostatitis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with prostatitis.
Prostatitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with prostatitis?
Prostatitis - Treatment Question: What medications or other treatments were successful with treating prostatitis?
Prostatitis - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with prostatitis?