Patient Comments: Prostatitis - Treatment

What kinds of medication and home care have you used to treat your prostatitis?

Comment from: metroboy, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 12

I'm 53 and having been dealing with prostatitis for over 20 years. Originally my doctor told me it was an STD, which freaked me out. Treated but the symptoms kept returning. Finally my urologist told me it was prostatitis and prescribed Bactrim. Bactrim reduced the pain but it kept returning. I met a guy at my urologist office who told me to try Zinc. I take 50mg a day. As long as i consistently take it I have zero systems. Several times I have made the mistake of thinking all is well I can stop taking Zinc and within 30 days the pain and all other symptoms return.

Comment from: FunDad, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 29

Sitting in a warm bath helps my symptoms a lot!

Prostatitis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with prostatitis.
Prostatitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with prostatitis?
Prostatitis - Treatment Question: What medications or other treatments were successful with treating prostatitis?
Prostatitis - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with prostatitis?