Patient Comments: Prostate Problems - Signs

What prostate problem signs do you experience?

Comment from: Bonz, 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 29

Sign of possible prostate problem I experience is, before I urinate sometimes I have a small discharge of semen; then I wait a few minutes and then I can urinate.

Comment from: xhomase, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 19

I was born with both testicles not descended. I had several operations, but the left one is very small and can hardly be felt. The right one is also small, and also very sensitive. My sperm count is zero. Lately ejaculations show blood mixed with a white substance that is like spotted, in the blood and semen mixture. Ejaculations are sometimes very painful, and I ever don't feel well after sex. I then have to go lie down for a while. It feels as if something has gone wrong in the pelvic area and around the bladder. At times the semen is clear and normal. The last PSA (prostate specific antigen) test showed all was well and normal. I also do have a problem with iron absorption, and need to keep on taking in extra iron in the form of Bidomak Fe. Magnesium and calcium are also short at times. I suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED) severely, and find it difficult to be aroused.

Comment from: mikinva, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I recently started dribbling when urinating. In the exam 6 months ago, my prostate was slightly enlarged. I have to urinate once in the middle of the night. It is not as heavy a stream as it used to be. I am 56 years old, 5' 11”, 150 lbs, I have a healthy diet. I run 8 miles/day, am a non-smoker, non-drinker. I drink 6 to 8 cups of unsweetened green tea per day. Blood pressure 100/60, heart rate 40 bps.

Comment from: Panda, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

My prostate symptoms are I have to urinate a lot, especially at night. I get a shooting pain and a pressure aching pain in the groin area.

Comment from: Don, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 30

I am presently waiting for prostate surgery. The doctor has prescribed a second medication to help with the problem until I can get an appointment for surgery, which where I live could take 6 months. The prostate is giving problems again; I am wondering if it is my working. I work at heavy equipment lifting, under machinery pretty much everything a mechanic does. I am in a position where I do not need to be working, so perhaps it would help my situation if I wasn't.

Prostate Problems - Type Question: Do you have an enlarged prostate, prostate cancer, prostatitis, or some other type of prostate problem?
Prostate Problems - PSA Test Question: Have you had a PSA test as part of the workup for your prostate problem?
Prostate Problems - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis experience with prostate problems.
Prostate Problems - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you have for your prostate problem?