Patient Comments: Prostate Problems - Type

Do you have an enlarged prostate, prostate cancer, prostatitis, or some other type of prostate problem?

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 09

I have a prostate problem. I consulted a urologist and got a cystoscopy test also. The result of the test is found to be prostate grade II, and doctor has advised me to take tamsulosin tablet 4 mg.

Comment from: efrain mcshell, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 18

Last year about May I had my first experience with prostate problem. Suddenly I started going to the restroom even 10 times in 45 minutes. I went to the general hospital. I had fever, chills, nausea, and a very bad time urinating all the time. I took some medicine, then the problem faded, then this year in May it came back. The same symptoms suddenly, frequent urination, ache in my body like when doing a lot of exercise or catching a cold. The first day I even felt dizzy, and I felt one time, after the shower. I went to the hospital and I got prescriptions again, I took them for 30 days and the problem faded again. After that I began to take natural products like prostate 600, and 400 units of vitamin E. I eat a lot of pumpkin seeds, and I do not ever drink sodas or coffee, or alcohol. I drink orange juice sometimes, which I remember that the first time the prostate problem began I was drinking excessive amounts of orange juice. Any way I do not have pain any more when I urinate, I do not go to urinate so frequently unless I drink a lot of water.

Comment from: Debbiea, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 07

My husband has an enlarged prostate.

Comment from: lakers54, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

I believe I have relatives and friends who have had prostate problems in their older age. A few had prostate cancer in their older age. I currently have an enlarged prostate and higher PSI numbers.

Prostate Problems - Signs Question: What prostate problem signs do you experience?
Prostate Problems - PSA Test Question: Have you had a PSA test as part of the workup for your prostate problem?
Prostate Problems - Diagnosis Question: Please describe your diagnosis experience with prostate problems.
Prostate Problems - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment did you have for your prostate problem?