Patient Comments: Prostate Cancer - Treatment

What was the treatment for your prostate cancer?

Comment from: jeffs, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

My treatment for prostate cancer was HDR (high-dose rate) brachytherapy followed by 25 EBR (external beam radiation) doses in 5 weeks, as well as a hormone shot. I still have painful and frequent urination and hot flashes, but I just finished the EBR 2 days ago. I've had one ejaculation a couple of weeks ago, but really no desire or libido so far. Gleason score is 4 plus 3, PSA 4.64, and T1c, 1 of 12 positive. I just hope it all works out for the best and I still think I made the right choice.

Prostate Cancer - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of prostate cancer can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Prostate Cancer - Evaluation and Diagnosis Question: How was your prostate cancer diagnosed?