Patient Comments: Prostate Cancer - Symptoms

The symptoms of prostate cancer can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

Comment from: copernicus, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

My symptoms were pains in the pelvic region which included what I believe to be spasms. Finally a urologist did an ultrasound with biopsy and found that I had that slow growing kind of cancer where you're supposed to die from something else before it gets you. Nevertheless, I decided on Brach therapy. Still have some pains, but not as wide spread as they used to be. Apparently something else is going on.

Comment from: Bud, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

My prostate cancer spread to my liver, lymph nodes of the aorta, spine, pelvis, shoulders, arm, leg and skull.

Comment from: Bill, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

The first signs I experienced, with prostate cancer, was the typical frequent urination especially at night. The real eye opener was the burning and urinary urgency when I drank anything that contained alcohol. Within 10 minutes of drinking a beer I had pretty intense burning which actually felt like it was in the lower bladder. This was always followed by urinary urgency.

Comment from: DG, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My husband would go soft during sex and not be able to finish and would not be able to ejaculate. He had 'no problems' with urinating. I have never seen this symptom mentioned so when I kept bugging him to go to the doctor cancer was not on my mind. I thought maybe male menopause. His PSA had gone from a 3 to a 6 since his last physical. He is an otherwise health 59 yr old.

Comment from: hdg777, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

My prostate cancer symptoms were a consistent PSA of around 3.0 to 3.4. over a couple of years. Plus, even though it was not directly related to the cancer, my one dosage per day of Flomax was not working anymore.

Comment from: Dave, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 13

I have prostate cancer and have had one hormone shot. A cat scan will be followed by radiation treatment for 6 weeks. What can be done to reduce the "hot flashes" I experience?

Prostate Cancer - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your prostate cancer?
Prostate Cancer - Evaluation and Diagnosis Question: How was your prostate cancer diagnosed?