promethazine/phenylephrine - oral (cont.)
OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include: nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, drowsiness, slowed breathing, widened/fixed pupils, seizures, deep sleep, loss of consciousness.
NOTES: Do not share this medication with others.Unless otherwise directed by your physician, drink plenty of fluids (especially water) while taking this medication. It will help to break up mucus and clear congestion.Do not take this medication for several days before you have an allergy test because results can be affected.Promethazine may affect the results of some pregnancy tests. Consult your doctor for more details.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
STORAGE: Store at room temperature between 59-77 degrees F (15-25 degrees C) away from sunlight. Keep the container tightly closed. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medicines away from children and pets.Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company for more details about how to safely discard your product.
Last Editorial Review: 9/22/2010
Back to Medications Index
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox FREE!