Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (PBC) Index
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...learn more »
Edema is the swelling of tissues as a result of excess water accumulation. Peripheral edema occurs in the feet and legs. There...learn more »
In This Article
- Edema definition and facts
- What is edema?
- What is pitting edema and how does it differ from non-pitting edema?
- What is a pitting edema measurement scale?
- What does pitting edema look like (picture)?
- What causes pitting edema?
- Does salt intake affect edema?
- What causes edema during pregnancy?
- What kind of doctors treat edema?
- Why does a person with heart disease retain fluid?
- Why do people with liver disease develop ascites and edema?
- Why do people with kidney disease have pitting edema?
- What causes pitting edema by heavy loss of protein in the urine?
- What medications treat pitting edema caused by heavy loss of protein in the urine?
- What causes pitting edema in people with impaired kidney (renal) function?
- What is idiopathic edema?
- What is the treatment for idiopathic edema?
- What is the treatment for patients with idiopathic edema who have become dependent on diuretics?
- How does venous insufficiency cause edema?
- Which diuretics are used to treat edema?
- Do people taking diuretics need a diet high in potassium?
- Are diuretics used for other diseases or conditions?
are stones that form when substances in the bile harden. Gallstones (formed in
the gallbladder) can be as small as...learn more »
In This Article
Jaundice (Hyperbilirubinemia in Adults) Article
- Jaundice definition and facts
- What causes jaundice in adults?
- What are pre-hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are post-hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are the signs and symptoms of jaundice in adults?
- What are the risk factors for jaundice in adults?
- What exams and tests diagnose jaundice in adults?
- What is the treatment for jaundice in adults?
- What are the
complications of jaundice in adults?
- Can jaundice in adults be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for an adult with jaundice?