Patient Comments: Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Causes

What was the cause of your premature ventricular contractions?

Comment from: brutus, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

I am now 68 years old and have pvcs for over 20 years. I have my good days and bad days; it's something you have to get used to. I am heart and blood pressure healthy. No coffee, no candy, no tea and no salt (except beer). I know you can get used to it just keep getting your regular check up with the cardiologists. I've been to the best and they helped me cope. By the way I dont take anything except coq10. Good luck to all.

Comment from: tc, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

It seems that when I drink more than 2 coke colas a day, my pvc starts to act up. The more coke cola I drink the worse it gets.

Comment from: rkvanli, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

After a particularly stressful event at work, I began feeling occasional palpitations in my chest. When they were still present even the next day, I hooked myself up to a heart monitor and saw a couple of PVC's (I'm an RN). I'm 28 years old and am fit and healthy. Now I'm trying to decide if I even bother telling my physician about since it sounds like there isn't much he can do. The occasional palpitations are still an unsettling feeling.

Comment from: Don, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

I had PVC's for some time and they were very bothersome and disruptive. I had heard about the benefits of fish oil on the heart so I started taking two capsules daily. Almost immediately my PVC's stopped and I have not had any problems with PVC's since.

Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms of your premature ventricular contractions.
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Experience Question: Have you ever experienced PVCs? Please describe your experience.
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Treatment Question: What treatments or lifestyle changes did you find effective for your PVCs?