Patient Comments: Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Experience

Have you ever experienced PVCs? Please describe your experience.

Comment from: jalynmac, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

Sometimes my PVCs had different effects appear first. The reason I investigated and discovered what was happening to me is: it would feel like my heart was racing out of my chest, but when I checked my pulse, it was only half of my usual resting rate. I asked a paramedic friend of mine what that could mean, and he had lots of theories, but said I should go see a doctor. The second way I knew that I was having them was that I would get really sleepy and a little lightheaded. My doctor told me that was because the PVCs were limiting oxygen to my body and a lack of oxygen will make you feel sleepy.

Comment from: Happy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 19

I had a mitral valve repair in June of 2010. It showed up on an electrocardiogram and was diagnosed as Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs). I do not have any symptoms.

Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms of your premature ventricular contractions.
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Causes Question: What was the cause of your premature ventricular contractions?
Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) - Treatment Question: What treatments or lifestyle changes did you find effective for your PVCs?