- Stages of Pregnancy Slideshow Pictures
- Slideshow of Early Pregnancy Symptoms
- Early Pregnancy Symptoms Quiz
Eight other items for your baby
The following items aren't essential, but many parents find them convenient.
- A baby sling to carry your baby and leave your hands free
- A baby monitor that allows you to keep track of baby while you are in a different room
- A diaper bag, with plenty of room for snacks, toys, a changing pad, and plastic bags (for dirty diapers)
- A "bouncy seat" or infant swing
- A changing table for diapering, with storage for diapers, wipes, ointment, etc.
- A crib mobile; musical mobiles are available that provide added interest
- A CD player; some babies enjoy soothing or lullaby music
- A night light, to help you see during late-night feedings or diaper changes
Medically reviewed by Margaret Walsh, MD; American Board of Pediatrics
Womenshealth.gov. Newborn care and safety.