Pregnancy Symptoms Am I Pregnant Index
Pregnancy symptoms can vary from woman to woman, and not all women experience the same symptoms. When women do experience pregnancy symptoms they may include symptoms include missed menstrual period, mood changes, headaches, lower back pain, fatigue, nausea, breast tenderness, and heartburn. Symptoms in late pregnancy include leg swelling and shortness of breath. Options for relief of pregnancy symptoms include exercise, diet, and more.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
In This Article
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) Article
- Fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) facts
- What is fetal alcohol syndrome?
- What causes fetal alcohol syndrome?
- What are risk factors for fetal alcohol syndrome?
- What are symptoms and signs of fetal alcohol syndrome?
- How do physicians diagnose fetal alcohol syndrome?
- What is the treatment for fetal alcohol syndrome?
- What are the complications and long-term effects of fetal alcohol syndrome?
- What is the prognosis of fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Is it possible to prevent fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Is it safe to consume alcohol and breastfeed?
- Where can people find more information about fetal alcohol syndrome?
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...learn more »
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes...learn more »
In This Article
Pregnancy Planning Article
- Pregnancy planning facts
- What is pregnancy planning?
- What are pre-pregnancy planning goals?
- What is a pregnancy calendar or calculator?
- How soon can a woman start trying to conceive after stopping birth control?
- What are dietary considerations for pregnancy planning?
- How much weight gain is recommended in pregnancy?
- What about alcohol consumption and pregnancy planning?
- What infections should be avoided in pregnancy?
- Should I exercise when pregnant?
- Is it safe to have sexual intercourse during pregnancy?
- Is air travel safe for pregnant women?
- Do medications need to be stopped when planning pregnancy or when a woman
Stress occurs when forces from the outside world impinge on the individual. Stress is a normal part of life. However,...learn more »
In This Article
- Stress facts
- What is stress?
- A brief history of stress
- What are the signs and
symptoms of poorly managed stress?
- Who is most vulnerable to stress?
- Teen stress
- What is the healthy response to stress?
- How does the response to stress work?
- What is the role of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis (grouping) in stress?
- What is the role of the locus coeruleus in stress?
- How do the connections in the brain work in stress?
- What do we know about using (activating) and overusing our internal systems that respond to stress?
- What are the effects of stress on medical and psychological conditions?
- Conclusions about the effects of stress
- What can people do for stress
- What's in the future for stress?