Patient Comments: Preeclampsia and Eclampsia - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of preeclampsia or eclampsia?

Comment from: countess golden, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 02

I am 32 weeks pregnant. Just within a week, the condition got worse from preeclampsia to eclampsia. My blood pressure kept rising within a space of three hours. I had a severe headache, blurred vision, abdominal pain, edema, vomiting, and wrist pain. Steroids were administered for my baby.

Comment from: Tricia, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 10

My daughter is in hospital at the moment with preeclampsia. Her symptoms included, severe swelling that wasn't going away, headaches and flashing lights in her eyes, she has a kidney disease (Allport syndrome) but her blood pressure wasn't responding to her medication, right side abdominal pains, vomiting, nose bleeds, cramps in her legs at night. She also suffered with confusion and a feeling of being so lost. She wasn't very well at all. Her ultrasound showed the baby not growing very well (28 weeks gestation) and her placenta wasn't looking too good either. Our fingers are crossed.

Comment from: mwhite52, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 19

My symptoms were swelling in my hands and feet. I had to get my wedding ring cut off because it was so tight and I couldn't get my shoes on anymore. The last thing was extreme pain in my right side which made me go to the emergency room. My baby was delivered by C-section about 11 hours after getting to the hospital due to preeclampsia.

Preeclampsia and Eclampsia - Cause Question: What was the cause of your preeclampsia and eclampsia?