Pregnancy Planning (Preparing for Pregnancy) Index
Pregnancy planning is an important step in preparation for starting or expanding a family. Planning for a pregnancy includes taking prenatal vitamins, eating healthy for you and your baby, and disease prevention (for both parents) prior to conception. Common symptoms of pregnancy include nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, and missed menstrual period.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition that is characterized by vaginal discharge resulting from an overgrowth of...learn more »
An ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy located outside the inner lining of the uterus. The majority of ectopic pregnancies occur in...learn more »
Normal vaginal bleeding (menorrhea) occurs through the process of menstruation. Abnormal vaginal bleeding in women who are...learn more »
In This Article
Vaginal Bleeding Article
- Vaginal bleeding facts
- What is normal vaginal bleeding?
- What is abnormal vaginal bleeding?
- What conditions cause abnormal vaginal bleeding in women who are ovulating regularly?
- What conditions cause vaginal bleeding after menopause or abnormal vaginal bleeding in women who are not ovulating regularly?
- What causes vaginal bleeding during or after sexual intercourse?
- What causes abnormal vaginal bleeding during pregnancy?
- What diagnostic tests are used to evaluate abnormal vaginal bleeding?
- How is irregular vaginal bleeding treated?
Group B Strep
Group B strep are bacteria called Streptococcus agalactiae that may sometimes cause infections both in a pregnant woman and her...learn more »
In This Article
Group B Strep Article
- Group B strep facts
- What is group B strep?
- What causes group B strep infection?
- How is group B strep transmitted?
- What are group B strep infection symptoms and signs?
- How is group B strep infection diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for group B strep?
- What types of doctors treat group B strep infections?
- What are the complications of group B strep infection?
- What is the prognosis of a group B strep infection?
- Is it possible to prevent group B strep infection?