Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Signs

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Comment from: Lola, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

Well, I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago and they did a bladder surgery at that time to repair bladder prolapse. I am now 66 years and am miserable; any bending, straining yard work or just house work is uncomfortable! I am not a heavy person and have always been active and worked outdoors, lifting if needed. But now I cannot even do simple gardening tasks, I have lower back pain as well! I will try to go to a urogynocologist to seek help! Hope they can help because this is not fun. But worried about the surgery and mesh issues!

Comment from: Jonesy, 25-34 Female Published: October 25

I did not know I had a prolapse until I had a Pap smear and the doctor said I had a mild prolapse that did not need attention. I did though seek advice from a specialist and she told me just to do 100 pelvic floor exercises per day. This did not help and my prolapse worsened, within a month I could feel it. I requested an operation to fix it as I am an active healthy person; playing tennis and riding a bike. Within a day of the operation my buttocks were very sore and I have been told not to do anything for a few weeks. So please have a care as I have been told about a lady having 3 operations in 18 months. You must look after yourself. I will write again in a few weeks.

Comment from: Janae1, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I found out I was pregnant because I was in the shower and while washing up I realized my breasts were tender. I instantly knew, after having 2 children, so I took a test that day and sure enough it came back positive.

Comment from: gleegirl23, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 16

I was walking on hot concrete while at the pool with my boyfriend and my left foot was burned. I now have a blister that has not gone away yet.

Comment from: TTC#3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

With my 1st pregnancy, I had a yeast infection and the doctor wanted to give me Diflucan. He asked if I was pregnant and I said I might be. I had unprotected sex 5 days before my visit, but ovulated 4 before. He ordered a blood test and said he'd call if it came back positive and in that case, I shouldn't take the medicine. Well, about 2 1/2 hours later, I got a call so I set up an appointment with an obstetrician/gynecologist and got on the Z-Pak instead. With my 2nd, I had cramping like I was going to start my period any minute, all kinds of different discharge, non-stop migraines that only ibuprofen helped, tender breasts. I didn't test until 3 days after my period was supposed to start because I had been charting with all the works and had sex 6 days before ovulation so I thought I was out that month. I still had the same obstetrician 6 years later. Now I'm having kidney infection type pain. My period is due in a week. I am going to my Urgent Care center tomorrow to see what's up now.

Comment from: herewegoagain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I found out I was pregnant because my boyfriend realized that I looked bigger than usual. Although I had previously given birth almost a year ago, he still insisted that my weight gain was abnormal. I did notice the shape of belly to be more round than flabby. All the time, I had been taking birth control pills and not really having a cycle since I've been on them almost a year. Needless to say, he brought home a test and it came out positive, all of them. Here we go again.

Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?