Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Signs

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Comment from: TTC#3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

With my 1st pregnancy, I had a yeast infection and the doctor wanted to give me Diflucan. He asked if I was pregnant and I said I might be. I had unprotected sex 5 days before my visit, but ovulated 4 before. He ordered a blood test and said he'd call if it came back positive and in that case, I shouldn't take the medicine. Well, about 2 1/2 hours later, I got a call so I set up an appointment with an obstetrician/gynecologist and got on the Z-Pak instead. With my 2nd, I had cramping like I was going to start my period any minute, all kinds of different discharge, non-stop migraines that only ibuprofen helped, tender breasts. I didn't test until 3 days after my period was supposed to start because I had been charting with all the works and had sex 6 days before ovulation so I thought I was out that month. I still had the same obstetrician 6 years later. Now I'm having kidney infection type pain. My period is due in a week. I am going to my Urgent Care center tomorrow to see what's up now.

Comment from: herewegoagain, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I found out I was pregnant because my boyfriend realized that I looked bigger than usual. Although I had previously given birth almost a year ago, he still insisted that my weight gain was abnormal. I did notice the shape of belly to be more round than flabby. All the time, I had been taking birth control pills and not really having a cycle since I've been on them almost a year. Needless to say, he brought home a test and it came out positive, all of them. Here we go again.

Comment from: Nobu, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I went for my PAP smear and the sister attending to me did a scan first and asked me what type of abortion I was going to be doing. I was shocked and told her I wasn't pregnant. Then she insisted I take a pregnancy test, because she saw something on the scan which made her believe I was in my early pregnancy days, which came out negative. We continued with the PAP smear. Following month I found out I'm pregnant 7 weeks.

Comment from: hazelblondy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I had my wisdom teeth out on October 24th and that night while I was still a little loopy I realized I had not started my period. I did a digital test and it said pregnant 2 to 3 weeks. I had taken one two days before and it was negative so this was a big shock for my husband and I but we are so excited to start our family. I am 26 and can't wait to be a mommy!

Comment from: neri, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

After I missed my period, I immediately got a pregnancy test and I was positive. Then 2 weeks after the test I went for scan (transvaginal ultrasound), gestational sac was seen 6 weeks but no embryonic pole was seen.

Comment from: maz12, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I had all the early signs of pregnancy, I left it for a little. I could see my stomach swelling then I took a pregnancy test last night, a clear blue one. I'm not supposed to be on my period until the 29th. It has come back positive and 3-4 weeks! Four days before your period you can take that test. It's amazing!

Comment from: SicilianMomma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I started to feel extremely hot. The hot flashes would happen suddenly and leave just as quickly. My face also started to get very red. I had period like cramping 1 week before my period was due.

Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?