Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Signs

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Comment from: Nobu, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I went for my PAP smear and the sister attending to me did a scan first and asked me what type of abortion I was going to be doing. I was shocked and told her I wasn't pregnant. Then she insisted I take a pregnancy test, because she saw something on the scan which made her believe I was in my early pregnancy days, which came out negative. We continued with the PAP smear. Following month I found out I'm pregnant 7 weeks.

Comment from: hazelblondy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I had my wisdom teeth out on October 24th and that night while I was still a little loopy I realized I had not started my period. I did a digital test and it said pregnant 2 to 3 weeks. I had taken one two days before and it was negative so this was a big shock for my husband and I but we are so excited to start our family. I am 26 and can't wait to be a mommy!

Comment from: neri, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

After I missed my period, I immediately got a pregnancy test and I was positive. Then 2 weeks after the test I went for scan (transvaginal ultrasound), gestational sac was seen 6 weeks but no embryonic pole was seen.

Comment from: dherbie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I never knew I was pregnant until I went for a test. Before then I was always dizzy, had constipation frequently, and my nipples were out.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I had not even missed my period yet. I went to the Dr. for a check up on this rash I had. And I was also having some pain during sex so the Dr. took a urine sample to rule out an infection I thought but when she came back she told me I was pregnant. Needless to say I was so shocked. I already have 4 kids and 37yrs old, I was done. I am now 24 weeks. And can't wait for my little girl to get here. I was very nervous because of my age, the blood test that they give you did show positive for down syndrome. I went ahead and took an amino and everything is fine. Thank God. I am so excited.

Comment from: SicilianMomma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I started to feel extremely hot. The hot flashes would happen suddenly and leave just as quickly. My face also started to get very red. I had period like cramping 1 week before my period was due.

Comment from: francine, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive.

Comment from: Really?, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

Still haven't been to the doctor, but will this week. I never paid attention to my periods, I am down one tube and my husband and I had never worried about having kids... for the last 10 years. We figured, if it happened it happened, if not... well, that's fine. I started to realize I was sleeping on my back all the time because it hurt to lay on my stomach (my fav. way to sleep), my breasts hurt just sitting in my bra, I have to pee all the time (Hubby always calls me a camel). I tried to think back to when my last period was, I couldn't remember. Except Dec. 24th was my last period, on a whim I wrote it down, mostly thinking "haha, I would have my period Christmas eve." I guess I'm 5 weeks now according to the calculators. Dr. should confirm later. 2 HPTs came back +. Must mean I'm expecting.

Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?