Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Signs

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Comment from: Ruth, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I struggled with plantar warts for at least three years and tried a lot of different clinical and home remedies. Initially I saw progress with banana peel (which cured my daughter's warts in three nights but had less dramatic results for me), apple cider vinegar (staggering pain for two nights and then visible improvement but no final victory possibly because I stopped too early the first time; then, after years of other treatments, it wasn't enough to do the trick alone), salicylic acid products, supplements, multiple doctor visits (which left a wound I couldn't tamper with until it had healed up, by which point warts were back). My diet was healthy throughout, home-cooked food, lots of garlic, healthy greens, etc. In the end, this is what worked: I cut the dead skin off each night with a scalpel (best thing that came from those doctor visits), dab the area with oregano oil mixed with another gentler oil (canola works), and stick a cotton ball soaked with apple cider vinegar to the spot with a Band-Aid overnight. It took between two to three weeks of this, and then when I cut the dead skin off one night there was new skin underneath. I've been wart free ever since, but this will be the first thing I try, if I ever get another!

Comment from: Lola, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

Well, I had a hysterectomy about 10 years ago and they did a bladder surgery at that time to repair bladder prolapse. I am now 66 years and am miserable; any bending, straining yard work or just house work is uncomfortable! I am not a heavy person and have always been active and worked outdoors, lifting if needed. But now I cannot even do simple gardening tasks, I have lower back pain as well! I will try to go to a urogynocologist to seek help! Hope they can help because this is not fun. But worried about the surgery and mesh issues!

Comment from: Jonesy, 25-34 Female Published: October 25

I did not know I had a prolapse until I had a Pap smear and the doctor said I had a mild prolapse that did not need attention. I did though seek advice from a specialist and she told me just to do 100 pelvic floor exercises per day. This did not help and my prolapse worsened, within a month I could feel it. I requested an operation to fix it as I am an active healthy person; playing tennis and riding a bike. Within a day of the operation my buttocks were very sore and I have been told not to do anything for a few weeks. So please have a care as I have been told about a lady having 3 operations in 18 months. You must look after yourself. I will write again in a few weeks.

Comment from: Janae1, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I found out I was pregnant because I was in the shower and while washing up I realized my breasts were tender. I instantly knew, after having 2 children, so I took a test that day and sure enough it came back positive.

Comment from: gleegirl23, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 16

I was walking on hot concrete while at the pool with my boyfriend and my left foot was burned. I now have a blister that has not gone away yet.

Comment from: TTC#3, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 10

With my 1st pregnancy, I had a yeast infection and the doctor wanted to give me Diflucan. He asked if I was pregnant and I said I might be. I had unprotected sex 5 days before my visit, but ovulated 4 before. He ordered a blood test and said he'd call if it came back positive and in that case, I shouldn't take the medicine. Well, about 2 1/2 hours later, I got a call so I set up an appointment with an obstetrician/gynecologist and got on the Z-Pak instead. With my 2nd, I had cramping like I was going to start my period any minute, all kinds of different discharge, non-stop migraines that only ibuprofen helped, tender breasts. I didn't test until 3 days after my period was supposed to start because I had been charting with all the works and had sex 6 days before ovulation so I thought I was out that month. I still had the same obstetrician 6 years later. Now I'm having kidney infection type pain. My period is due in a week. I am going to my Urgent Care center tomorrow to see what's up now.

Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?