Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Signs

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Comment from: maravelazquez, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I don't know how to explain it but I could feel it. I had a feeling inside I couldn't shake. I was hot a lot more often and then my brother walked into my apartment and had sprayed his deodorant and it wreaked (normally I was ok with it) I knew something was up so I went and bought a HPT and it was negative at first took one a week later and it came out positive. We are all excited.

Comment from: 25-34 Female Published: January 25

I am 33 I have fibromyalgia and arthritis so when I was beyond tired and weak I knew something was up. Also for four weeks my breasts were so sore. I took a test and had drank a lot of fluids my urine was clear but my positive still came through dr appt in a few days .This was a surprise my only child is going on 16.

Comment from: Centimeter, Female (Patient) Published: December 12

While my husband was in class one evening, I went to Wal-Mart to get hair dye and since I passed the home pregnancy tests, I picked one up on a whim. I had no reason to think I might be pregnant, I hadn't yet missed my period, I want experiencing any symptoms. I dyed my hair then took the test. When I saw the results, I texted my husband to see if he could get a picture text, because "I just saw something you might find interesting". We are 7 weeks along now with my first child, his fifth... And other than the now missed period, I still haven't had any real strong symptoms.

Comment from: Glenda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

We planned the pregnancy together with my partner so the 2nd day I realized I missed my period, bought a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I was very happy I then went for a scan on the same day we couldn't see a thing. Blood test later confirmed the big new. It's my second child after 12 years.

Comment from: Mommysbaby, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

Gained weight out of no where and then I missed my period for the first time and I'm 2 months pregnant.

Comment from: shania, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

I was waiting for my period at the end of the month it came but it was real light red and I was confused so I waited the next day to see how it was gone be and it was gone I'm like hold up I need to go to the doctor and when I went I took a urine test and it came back positive I was so happy they told me that I was 5 weeks pregnant and 2 days now I'm 5 months pregnant with my first child!!!!

Published: April 14

I was on birth-control evera patch from after my 2nd daughter was born. I was very regular about it. I don't know how I missed one patch. I missed my period I waited 1 week after that I went to the doctor. I found out that I am pregnant. This time I couldn't even think I was shocked. But thanks god everything is good now. I am 7 month pregnant now waiting for my baby.

Comment from: Mothergoose, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I went to the doctor because I was experiencing discharge, and discussed with my doctor that I wanted to have my tubes tied, she said sure lets run some test including a pregnancy test and it came back positive, so long for the tube ligation for another 7 1/2 months, this will be my 3rd child. I'm not leaving the hospital unless my tubes are tied!!!

Comment from: xolile, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I am 3months pregnancy and pregnancy is not as I thought but sometimes it's hectic. I like food 2 much but the problem is that I'm vomiting and I hate boys for no reason. Even my boyfriend I miss him while he is out of my sight but when I'm with him I feel I can leave him.

Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?