Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Signs

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Comment from: bosslady88, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I was having extremely bad heartburn and so tired all the time. I've never had heartburn like that before. My friends a work asked if I was pregnant and I went home that night and took a pregnancy test and it was positive! This is my first pregnancy and my husband and I are super excited and nervous.

Comment from: Tiffany, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I've missed my period for the past two months. I've had vomiting and upset stomach. My breasts hurt and they've grown. My stomach has gotten huge. I have an increased sex drive and I cry for the smallest things sometimes. I took one test but it came up negative.

Comment from: dcl25c, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I went to an amusement park with my two sisters, like we do every year. For the first time ever, I got motion sickness while riding rides. I still felt sick a week later. I noticed my period wasn't as heavy as normal, and I was also very exhausted, barely able to stay awake to chase after my 18 month old wild son. I figured this was due to working two jobs and going to school full time. I went in for my yearly exam and my breasts were swollen and I told my doctor I thought I might have post-partum thyroid problems because I was so tired. Turns out, my urine sample tested positive for pregnancy. I had no clue, since my periods were normal. He sent me to a specialist and I was 13 weeks pregnant. Needless to say, I was in shock. I now have a beautiful baby girl and a handsome boy.

Comment from: maravelazquez, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I don't know how to explain it but I could feel it. I had a feeling inside I couldn't shake. I was hot a lot more often and then my brother walked into my apartment and had sprayed his deodorant and it wreaked (normally I was ok with it) I knew something was up so I went and bought a HPT and it was negative at first took one a week later and it came out positive. We are all excited.

Comment from: 25-34 Female Published: January 25

I am 33 I have fibromyalgia and arthritis so when I was beyond tired and weak I knew something was up. Also for four weeks my breasts were so sore. I took a test and had drank a lot of fluids my urine was clear but my positive still came through dr appt in a few days .This was a surprise my only child is going on 16.

Comment from: Centimeter, Female (Patient) Published: December 12

While my husband was in class one evening, I went to Wal-Mart to get hair dye and since I passed the home pregnancy tests, I picked one up on a whim. I had no reason to think I might be pregnant, I hadn't yet missed my period, I want experiencing any symptoms. I dyed my hair then took the test. When I saw the results, I texted my husband to see if he could get a picture text, because "I just saw something you might find interesting". We are 7 weeks along now with my first child, his fifth... And other than the now missed period, I still haven't had any real strong symptoms.

Comment from: Glenda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

We planned the pregnancy together with my partner so the 2nd day I realized I missed my period, bought a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. I was very happy I then went for a scan on the same day we couldn't see a thing. Blood test later confirmed the big new. It's my second child after 12 years.

Comment from: Mommysbaby, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

Gained weight out of no where and then I missed my period for the first time and I'm 2 months pregnant.

Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?