Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Signs

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Comment from: blueskies, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

I was told at 19 that I wouldn't be able to have children so when I got into a relationship with a close "friend" who I trusted very much, I never bothered with contraceptives. On a 22nd of June my mother admitted in tears that she wished she'd had another child after me. On the 23rd of June my "friend" stayed over and I remember feeling strange that night, like something unusual was happening to me. My period never turned up and I started feeling a bit dizzy all the time and my appetite was gone. I told a friend who turned up at my door with a pregnancy test... Of course, it was positive!!

Comment from: Keri, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

I found out I was pregnant when I was only two weeks pregnant! So even though I'm only three months now, it feels as if I've been pregnant for an eternity! I found out like most women do: I missed my period. (That's actually one thing I'm glad I got rid of for a while.) It's slow so far, but I'm sure as soon as I start showing it will fly by!

Comment from: sarahg, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I was feeling really stressed and tired -- just not like myself. I took a cheap at-home pregnancy test. It came out negative. Two days later, I took another at-home pregnancy test, and it came out positive. I saw a doctor a week later and found out I was five weeks pregnant. This will be my first child.

Comment from: Melanie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I took an at-home pregnancy test, and it came back positive. Then later on that day, I went to the doctor and they did a blood test. It was also positive. I have had some light pink spotting since then. This will be my third child.

Comment from: threeputt, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

We broke a condom and wondered what if? Well, it took 6 weeks because I thought my spotting and what appeared to be a lighter period masked a missed period 4 weeks later. My breasts were itching and sensitive so I took a test! positive.

Comment from: PrettyMomCK, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 07

I noticed my breast and nipples being sore for 4 weeks now and missed my period. So I took a pregnancy test. I was so shocked that it came out positive because I have polyps. But, I am so happy right now because I am pregnant. I hope it's a girl because my first one is a boy.

Comment from: babymomma, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

My fiance and I tried to conceive for almost two years. We had started discussing adoption or traveling the world. It was an awful fact to face that it would just be the two of us. 10 weeks ago today I told him I felt like I might actually be pregnant. Didn't want to get his hopes up just for them to be crushed like the countless times before, but I felt strongly that something was different. I took a pregnancy test the next morning with the results. A very happy day for us.

Comment from: I'manewMum, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I had decided that I would move from one unit I was renting to one I had bought. I was rushing around and just keeping busy I had noticed that my periods stopped all of a sudden. The previous two were normal, which I thought was strange. I was also eating like a horse and for two (as it turned out). I went into town and took a HPT in the toilet, which came up positive. I went to the doctor's office a few weeks later to confirm it; two positive tests confirmed I was 20 weeks along. My son is now 3 years 8 months.

Comment from: Stephanie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I had just gotten off depo-provera and I had not had a menstral cycle in 5 years, but I was having many pregnancy symptoms. I had taken 3 home tests, my doctor took a urine test AND blood test, all test forms came back negative. For two months the symptoms went on, so my doctor sent a requisition for an ultrasound, I went and found out I was 10 weeks along already.

Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?