Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)

Comment from: chelsea333, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

Hi,im 23 weeks pregnant and i have passed out like 6 or 7 times since the end of july and its the beginning of october I go to the doctor or er every time it happens and I get no answer to why it keeps happening the last time it happened they said i might have a blood clot in my lungs and did a CT well... nothing there, this is my second child and I didnt have anything like this with my first. Also there is a spot directly to left of my belly button that feels like something is stabbing me everytime it is touched.

Comment from: cat, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

Hi there! I am 38 weeks. I am going to have a baby boy early in March. Two more weeks to go or it could be anytime. My first trimester was vomiting, lost appetite. Second trimester was good, I was able to eat and I could feel my baby moving. Now as the third trimester, it's more difficult because I get heartburn, baby moves a lot, I have to sleep in my back because I can't sleep on my sides. Get tired easily. I take frequent trips to restroom.

Comment from: hilda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

I feel the morning sickness I had were very surprising to me as I couldn't eat normal breakfast food like Kellogg's/wheatbix . I would just wake up and just wanted to eat yesterdays meal (supper)like rice, meat and salads, and all meat and gravy can u imagine I thought wow what's going on it was as if I had to swap my meals .

Comment from: water_ripple, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

At nearly 27 weeks pregnant with my third child, I've been lucky enough to escape morning sickness. During my second, I was ill through the entire duration, and ended up delivering early due to preeclampsia. The only real difference between this pregnancy and my first is that I actually get cravings this time around and they've changed. Spicy, salty, and savory were the order during my first trimester. It quickly morphed into dairy, and now, the craving has turned to chocolate. A second ultrasound cleared up any worries of placenta previa, and now I'm looking forward to an uneventful last trimester. This time around I hope to go into labor naturally and avoid induction.

Comment from: Drey, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

I'm 35 weeks pregnant, with my second child, the first being a boy 9 years old, during my first trimester I was very sick, the nausea, headache, you name it, I've experienced it, but now that I am almost at the end of this journey am experiencing CTS, trust me it's very uncomfortable!! my doctor referred me to a physiotherapist, the backache is on, sudden tiredness in my right leg also, there are times I am crossing the road and all of a sudden I'd have to slow down, this tired, painful feeling in my right leg just comes on to put my experience in a nut shell, this pregnancy has been really tough for me and I can't wait to have my baby girl in my arms.

Comment from: elizabeth, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 17

For some strange reason I found that drinking and eating coca cola and Ruffle potato chips during pregnancy really helped me to control nausea and in particular, heartburn. When my grown son required Chemo therapy for cancer treatment I told him to try it to help with the nausea. He did try it and it helped enough that he was able to eat, prior to doing that he was barely eating anything as a way to avoid the vomiting. I have no idea why this helps.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I have been in the hospital for two weeks now on bedrest. I had a kidney stone a month ago and my cervix shortened and now I have been receiving injections every two to three days to stop contractions and now I have another kidney stone and have dilatated to a one now so am I likely to have my baby sooner than later.

Pregnancy - Signs Question: How did you find out you were pregnant?
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?