Patient Comments: Pregnancy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe usual or unusual experiences had with your pregnancy, food cravings, morning sickness, edema (etc.)

Comment from: bajan girl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 07

I had a nasty bout of morning sickness. It lasted for four months. I don't know why it is called morning sickness since I had 24 hour sickness. I was constantly throwing up. I did not know what I could eat, since everything made me feel ill. Thankfully I am over that now and I am into my 29th week. I am now discovering how painful swollen feet can be.I am looking forward to the birth of this baby.

Comment from: Ms. K, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 04

I found out that I was pregnant at 3 months. I have no symptoms. I did have headaches until I was 5 months pregnant. Now, I have missed my menstrual for August. My last one was July. All I'm having is abdominal pains, tenderness in my breast, and constipation (dry stool).

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 16

My 20 yr. old daughter had the three guardisil shots. Her last shot was April 10th. She got pregnant May 16. She was never told to not get pregnant after taking guardisil. She started bleeding on Sept.2. She bled again the next week and again the next week. She went into labor on Sept 16th and her son was born on Sept.17th, three weeks ago today. His heart was beating right up until he was born. We were told because he was so small (8oz. and 8 1/2 in long) and since he was born before 20 weeks they couldn't do anything. My first grandbaby was born and died on the same day. We are all heartbroken and I want some answers. Did the guardisil shots cause this? How many more babies will die like my grandson because no one tells u that this might happen if you get pregnant soon after guardisil shots? I need some answers!!!

Comment from: Female (Patient) Published: August 14

With my first pregnancy I lactated for 3 weeks before I tested positive on a home test. I conceived on October 3 and found out on October 29. I didn't think anything unusual because of my new medication and the fact that every doctor said it was too early to lactate anyway. Every woman is different. Now I am lactating and I have heavy tender swollen breast and know that again I am pregnant, but it is too early to test. I am very in tuned to my body. Talk to your doctor if you feel pregnant and keep a record of it. Let them know you are a different patient and you shouldn't be compared to another. Good luck!

Comment from: SWEETY, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I am pregnant for the first time, and am very excited. I am two months along, and am experiencing heartburn, nausea, frequent vomiting, and some dizziness. I'm very happy – it's a gift of love waiting for the baby.

Comment from: Mommy2twins, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I was pregnant with twin girls 3 years ago. I had severe morning sickness through the entire pregnancy. There were certain foods, drinks, and smells that would set me off. Also, if I were hungry, I would get sick. Because of a pre-existing hereditary disease involving the retention of fluids in my feet, ankles and lower legs, my whole body started swelling before I was 3 months pregnant. I would have severe bouts of dizziness, though I never fainted. I would have to get up to urinate every 2 hours. I also had constant and severe heartburn through more than half of my pregnancy and had to sleep sitting upright as a result, in addition to taking the max allowed over the counter heartburn medication. My blood pressure remained normal the entire pregnancy and I never developed preeclampsia. I was scheduled to deliver at 37 weeks, but was sent in at 36 1/2 weeks due to lowered kidney functions. My girls were safely delivered via C-section. 2 1/2 years after their birth, I am again pregnant, but have not seen a doctor as of yet. I am about one month pregnant.

Comment from: Wendolly, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 26

My last menstrual period was at the end of July, and my cycle is usually about every other month. This means that I should have had a period at the end of September, or the beginning of October, but I missed it. I've taken three home pregnancy tests for the past three weeks, and they have all had negative results. During this time, though, I have been experiencing signs of pregnancy. I'm nauseous when I wake up; I eat more and more often; I have fatigue and back pain (for the past two weeks)i The last time I took a home test was yesterday, and I was still negative. Now, I don't know what to do.

Pregnancy - Signs Question: How did you find out you were pregnant?
Pregnancy - Morning Sickness Question: Did you suffer from morning sickness during your pregnancy? What helped relieve your symptoms?
Pregnancy - Heartburn and Indigestion Question: Did you have heartburn or indigestion during your pregnancy? What helped to relieve symptoms?
Pregnancy - Stretch Marks and Skin Changes Question: What skin changes did you notice during your pregnancy? How did you treat them?