- What is pramoxine, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- Is it available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for pramoxine?
- What are the uses for pramoxine?
- What are the side effects and adverse effects of pramoxine?
- What is the dosage for pramoxine?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with this medication?
- What brand names are available for pramoxine?
- Is this drug safe to use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about pramoxine?
Do I need a prescription for pramoxine?
Yes, you need a prescription from your doctor or other health care professional to obtain this medication.
What are the uses for pramoxine?
- Cold sores
- Insect bites
- Poison ivy
- Poison oak
- Poison sumac
- Feminine itching
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.