GENERIC NAME: POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS - INJECTION (poh-TASS-ee-um)
USES: Potassium supplements are used to prevent or treat low potassium blood levels caused by diuretics (water pills), poor diet or illness. Symptoms of low potassium include fatigue, weakness, muscle twitching or cramps, dry mouth and excessive thirst.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions