Patient Comments: POT Syndrome - Symptoms

Please describe your symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).

Comment from: jobe, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 07

I was diagnosed with POTS several years ago. My symptoms included chest pain, severe fatigue and dizziness with feeling light headed. Every day was a struggle. I went through several doctors before being diagnosed and had cardiac problems which worsened. However, I started to do meditation (transcendental meditation) which I had learned when I was fourteen, but stopped when I got older. Initially, it did not make much of a difference but over a period of 6 months, I noticed that my symptoms slowly disappeared. It seemed to regulate my blood pressure. I still have an occasional chest pain and dizzy spell but not on a daily basis as previously.

Comment from: LIS., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

My symptoms are feeling faint, not being able to stand for long, dizzy, feeling unwell, and dry mouth all the time. I am feeling my heart beat in my throat and head worse when I stand, and low blood pressure. I have high heartbeat, worse when standing, and when exerting myself, I have pain in the chest and feeling of tightness as if something is sitting on me. Sometimes these symptoms last for several days and I am unable to function properly. I had an episode while on holidays and was hospitalized and had several tests. I have been diagnosed with vasovagal syncope.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

I was diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) last year. My symptoms include extreme fatigue, headaches, fainting and dizzy spells, disorientation and tongue spasms. It has been a constant struggle since being diagnosed.

Comment from: meeeee, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

My symptoms are lack of focus, lightheadedness when standing, constant fatigue, blue swollen feet after standing a while (especially in shower), feeling the heart racing.

Comment from: Lucy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I am constantly feeling tired, drained and weak for no reason. Normal activities are like a workout at the gym. I am feeling dizzy and disorientated with the feeling that I'll pass out. I am sweating, clammy and looking grey. I have the feeling that none understands.

Comment from: d, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I was told I have a vestibular problem after a TBI (traumatic brain injury) and my symptoms were this: I couldn't get off the couch for weeks without making myself sick. A therapist came to my house periodically but didn't really help at all. I still have problems 12 years later.

Pot Syndrome - Treatment Question: Do you have experience with an effective treatment for POT syndrome?