Patient Comments: Pot Syndrome - Treatment

Question:Do you have experience with an effective treatment for POT syndrome?

Comment from: Tennis Lover, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I began to have POTS symptoms after going off birth control at menopause. Abdominal pain, dizziness, and constipation were the symptoms. I was losing weight, getting weak and short of breath. After 9 months off them, I started taking birth control again. Chest pressure stopped 2 days later. Gradually I was able to walk and exercise over next weeks. Now I am playing tennis again and swimming twice a week! I am very grateful for those pills!

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 09

Beta-blockers (specifically metoprolol) are effective. I was diagnosed at 17 and have been on them for the past 5 years. I take them twice a day because the extended release doesn't work for me. It makes me feel about 80% better, I owe my life to them.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

IV fluids seem to help me, but it is a weekly adventure. Heat is very bad bad for whatever reason. I can not keep my body cool. This summer has been very hard.

POT Syndrome - Symptoms Question: Please describe your symptoms of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).