Patient Comments: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - Causes

What was the cause of PTSD in you or someone you know?

Comment from: SueJ, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 30

Our only daughter died from liver disease three months ago. I, her mother cannot function. I cannot even explain the hurt in my heart. I am in a fog as I try to go through the day. We were with her when she took her last breath. I have flashbacks of that night and watching my beloved daughter die. I cannot explain the pain I feel.

Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your posttraumatic stress disorder?
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with posttraumatic stress disorder?
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - Coping Question: How do you cope with PTSD? What would you recommend to someone who is facing the challenges associated with PTSD?
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - Diagnosis and Assessment Question: What types of tests or exams helped assess and later diagnose your PTSD?
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - Getting Help Question: What group or organization has helped you or a loved one cope with PTSD?