- Pictures of Postpartum Depression - Slideshow
- Pictures of Understanding Depression - Slideshow
- Pictures Depression Tips - Slideshow
- Patient Comments: Postpartum Depression - Experiences
- Find a local Psychiatrist in your town
- Postpartum depression facts
- What is postpartum depression? Are there different types of postpartum depression?
- What are causes and risk factors for postpartum depression?
- What are postpartum depression symptoms and signs?
- How is postpartum depression diagnosed?
- What are the treatments for postpartum depression?
- What is the prognosis of postpartum depression?
- Can postpartum depression be prevented?
- Where can people get more information about postpartum depression?
- Where can people get support for postpartum depression?
- What research is being done on postpartum depression?
Quick GuidePostpartum Depression: Symptoms, Causes, and More in Pictures
What is the prognosis of postpartum depression?
Women who have suffered from postpartum depression are much more likely to have depression again sometime in the future. Children of mothers with PPD are at risk for emotional challenges as a result of problematic relationships with their mother.
Can postpartum depression be prevented?
Intensive nursing intervention in the form of visits to new mothers by a nurse can help prevent the development of postpartum depression.
Where can people get more information about postpartum depression?
Jennifer Mudd Houghtaling Postpartum Depression Foundation
200 E. Delaware Apt. 3D
Chicago, IL 60611
Kids Health -- Postpartum Depression and Caring for Your Baby
Postpartum Education for Parents
Womenshealth.gov helpline (English and Spanish)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., EST. (closed on federal holidays)