Patient Comments: Portal Hypertension - Cause

What was the cause of your portal hypertension?

Comment from: Lila, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 13

I was diagnosed with diabetes 15 years ago. About two years ago, I was diagnosed with portal hypertension and cirrhosis related to fatty liver. I do not drink alcohol. My blood sugar is under good control, with my most recent A1C rating at 6.6. I have lost weight, but I still need to lose about 20% of body weight to fall within the "normal" category.

Portal Hypertension - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your portal hypertension?
Portal Hypertension - Treatment Question: What was the treatment of your portal hypertension?
Portal Hypertension - Complications Question: What complications have you experienced with portal hypertension?