Patient Comments: Porphyria - Symptoms

Describe the symptoms you have experienced with porphyria.

Comment from: Tan Man, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I"m an oil field service technician in south Texas, that means I"m in the sun a lot and work with my hands. I'm looking for anything that will help the burning/blistering/fragile skin. My first treatment for porphyria was on 1/3/14. I have had 6 blood drainings this year, how long until I see some relief!

Comment from: Charles, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 15

I get itchy pimples all over my body. I can't sleep at night and it affects my vision. I also get sinus blockage and shortness of breath.

Comment from: trish, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I have porphyria and lately I am getting a very itchy rash across my chest and wonder if this could be related.

Comment from: Yevette, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 31

I break out from only five minutes in the sun. It doesn't matter if its winter or summer. My face has swelled up. I itch constantly. My urine changes color, I have abdominal pain, blisters, and loose stool.

Porphyria - Treatment Question: Have you tried an effective treatment for porphyria?
Porphyria - Types Question: What type of porphyria do you have? Please discuss your experience.
Porphyria - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of porphyria.