polymyxin b/trimethoprim-ophthalmic Index
Polymyxin B sulfate and trimethoprim (Polytrim ) is an antibacterial eye drop prescribed to treat bacterial conjunctiivitis and blepharoconjunctivitis of the eyes. Side effects, drug interactions, pregnancy safety, dosage, and storage information should be reivewed prior to using this medication.
Picture of Eye
The eye has a number of components which include but are not limited to the cornea, iris, pupil, lens, retina, macula, optic...learn more »
Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelids. Acne rosacea, Staphylococcal bacteria, allergies, sensitivities to makeup or contact...learn more »
In This Article
- Blepharitis facts
- What is blepharitis?
- What causes blepharitis?
- What are the symptoms and signs of blepharitis?
- How is blepharitis diagnosed?
- What are complications of blepharitis?
- What is the treatment for blepharitis?
- What is the prognosis for blepharitis?
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...learn more »
Many common eye disorders resolve without treatment and some may be managed with over-the-counter (OTC) products. It's important...learn more »
In This Article
Eye Care Article
- Eye care introduction
- What is the structure of the eye?
- Which common disorders of the eye can
(sometimes) be self-treated?
- What common eye conditions usually
require treatment by a doctor?
- What types of OTC eye care products are there?
inactive ingredients are contained in OTC eye care products?