Polycythemia (High Red Blood Cell Count) Index
Polycythemia (elevated red blood cell count) causes are either primary (aquired or genetic mutations) or secondary (diseases, conditions, high altitude). Treatment of polycythemia depends on the cause.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Kidney stones are solid masses of crystalline material that form in the kidneys. Symptoms of kidney stones can include pain,...learn more »
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as:
high...learn more »
Anemia is the condition of having less than the normal number of red blood cells or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin...learn more »
Bronchitis is inflammation of the airways in the lung. Acute bronchitis is is short in duration (10 to 20 days) in comparison...learn more »
In This Article
Jaundice (Hyperbilirubinemia in Adults) Article
- Jaundice definition and facts
- What causes jaundice in adults?
- What are pre-hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are post-hepatic (liver) causes of jaundice?
- What are the signs and symptoms of jaundice in adults?
- What are the risk factors for jaundice in adults?
- What exams and tests diagnose jaundice in adults?
- What is the treatment for jaundice in adults?
- What are the
complications of jaundice in adults?
- Can jaundice in adults be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for an adult with jaundice?