Patient Comments: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - Diagnosis

What were the events, tests, and exams that led to a diagnosis of polycystic ovarian syndrome?

Comment from: not a happy mum, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

I had irregular periods and went to doctor, where I was told I was given blood tests and a scan. These show that I have PCOS. I am not happy about this, as my two kids want a brother or sister. I really feel like I need a third child and don't know what to do.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your polycystic ovarian syndrome?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with polycystic ovarian syndrome?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - Complications Question: Please discuss the complications you've experienced with PCOS.