Patient Comments: PKD - Autosomal Dominant Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with autosomal dominant PKD?

Comment from: shc, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

My stomach keeps getting larger and larger from autosomal dominant PKD, I am always in pain and it is almost impossible for me to get a good night's sleep because of the pain and my enlarged stomach. One of my cyst is 9cm in size and there are many more smaller ones. The disease has spread to my liver.

Comment from: wondering, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I found out 5 years ago I had this autosomal dominant PKD even though I have had high blood pressure since mid-thirties. I am at 16% function on a transplant list but getting discouraged as it is hard to find anyone interested in being a donor who could meet criteria necessary. I still work full time but am nervous about the future, I have been on a transplant list for 5 years but found out you do not get on the important list until you start dialysis. I am single and worry about transplant cost if I no longer can work because of dialysis to the point I lose my insurance.

PKD - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with PKD.
PKD - Autosomal Dominant Treatment Question: What was the treatment for autosomal dominant PKD?
PKD - Autosomal Recessive Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you or someone you know experience with autosomal recessive PKD?
PKD - Autosomal Recessive Treatment Question: What treatments were effective with your case, or the case of someone you know, for autosomal recessive PKD?