Patient Comments: Pneumonia - Symptoms

What were your pneumonia symptoms?

Comment from: Matt, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: March 05

I woke up last weekend with a sore throat that came out of nowhere. It quickly went into a fever the next day and lasted for about two days. Then came a cold with a very stuffy nose and lastly a cough. The cough, however, was very rough and kept me up all night last night. I also was noticing that I am getting real out of breath. Just walking from my car to the doctors had me breathing loud, and I would never get out of breath from something as small as that. The doctor listened to my breathing and told me that I have pneumonia in my right lung. He gave me medicine, and so let's hope it clears up!

Comment from: Germaphobe, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I am 36, in good health, and rarely get sick. A week ago, I had a 102-degree fever and tried alternating between ibuprofen and acetaminophen to control the fever. After day six, my boyfriend insisted I go to the ER. It was there they confirmed with a chest X-ray that I had pneumonia in my lower left lobe. It just goes to show you that anyone at any age can get pneumonia. Oh, and if your doctor prescribes you azithromycin, prepare to be close to a toilet. "Mild diarrhea" as a side effect should be relabeled as "borderline feeling like you just got a colonic."

Pneumonia - Treatment Question: What treatment was effective for your pneumonia?
Pneumonia Vaccine - Prevention and Side Effects Question: Please describe your experience with pneumonia vaccine and its side effects.