Pneumonia Facts Index
Pneumonia is inflammation of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses. Symptoms and signs include cough, fever, shortness of breath, and chills. Antibiotics treat pneumonia, and the choice of the antibiotic depends upon the cause of the infection.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Pleurisy, an inflammation of the lining around the lungs, is associated with sharp chest pain upon breathing in. Cough, chest...learn more »
Laryngitis is an inflammation of the voice box (vocal cords). The most common cause of acute laryngitis is infection, which...learn more »
Headaches can be divided into two categories: primary headaches and secondary headaches. Migraine headaches, tension headaches,...learn more »
In This Article
- Headache definition and facts
- What is a headache?
- How are headaches classified?
- What are primary headaches?
- What are secondary headaches?
- What are cranial neuralgias, facial pain, and other headaches?
- 17 types of headaches
- What causes headaches?
- What causes tension headaches?
- What are the
signs and symptoms of tension headaches?
- How are tension headaches diagnosed?
- How are tension headaches treated?
- What causes cluster headaches?
- What are the symptoms of cluster headaches?
- How are cluster headaches diagnosed?
- How are cluster headaches treated?
- Can cluster headaches be prevented?
- What diseases cause secondary headaches?
- How are secondary headaches diagnosed?
- What are the exams and tests for secondary headaches?
- When should I seek medical care for a headache?
- How do you get rid of a headache? Are home remedies effective for headaches?
Novel H1N1 influenza A virus infection (swine flu) is an infection that generally is transferred from an infected pig to a human,...learn more »
In This Article
Swine Flu Article
- Swine flu (H1N1 and H3N2v influenza virus) facts
- What is the swine flu?
- How is swine flu transmitted? Is swine flu contagious?
- What is the incubation period for swine flu?
- What is the contagious period for swine flu?
- How long does the swine flu last?
- What causes swine flu?
- Why is swine flu now infecting humans?
- What are swine flu symptoms and signs?
- What tests do health-care professionals use to diagnose swine flu?
- What types of doctors treat swine flu?
- What is the treatment for swine flu?
- What is the history of swine flu in humans?
are the risk factors for swine flu?
- Can swine flu be prevented with a vaccine?
- Can swine flu be prevented if the swine flu vaccine (or other flu strain vaccines) is not readily available?
- Are there home remedies for swine flu?
- Was swine flu (H1N1) a cause of an epidemic or pandemic in the 2009-2010 flu season?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) and complications for patients who get swine flu?
- Where can I find more information about swine flu (H1N1 and H3N2v)?
In This Article
Is Pneumonia Contagious? Article
- What is pneumonia?
- Is pneumonia contagious?
- When is pneumonia contagious?
- What is the incubation period for pneumonia?
- Can pneumonia spread?
- How long is pneumonia contagious?
- When should someone seek medical care for pneumonia?