Patient Comments: Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Treatments

How was your pleurisy treated?

Comment from: Krista Gagean, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

I am a 29 year old female. I have been sick lately but was feeling better yesterday until the latter part of the day. I started getting this deep sharp pain in my chest that seemed to get worse when I take a deep breath or if I do anything to make my heart beat faster. I went to the ER at 2 this morning after being woken up from the horrible pain. After 2 hours a chest x-ray, blood tests and an EKG I was told it is Pleurisy. I was given Vicoden and a prescription for 600MG ibuprophin and told to continue my antibiotics. It's a little more tolerable now but from what I have been reading it looks like the battle is far from over.

Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?
Pleurisy - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your pleurisy?
Pleurisy - Causes Question: What was the underlying condition that caused your pleurisy?