Patient Comments: Pleurisy - Causes

What was the underlying condition that caused your pleurisy?

Comment from: ann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

My pleurisy is caused by rheumatoid arthritis (RA). I have persistent pleural effusion. On the other lung I have nodules.

Comment from: Dee one, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

I fell off my porch and my ribs started hurting real bad. I went to the emergency room and was diagnosed with bruised ribs and pleurisy.

Comment from: retrorigg, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

After having flu like symptoms for a week, without warning I got a pain in my shoulder blade on the right hand side. I went to work on the evening as a cab driver and again without warning got a horrendous pain in my right side when breathing in, drove myself to Accident & Emergency where a lot of tests were done and I was diagnosed with pleurisy. I was given antibiotics but they weren't strong enough so took myself to the doctor and he gave me stronger ones, it took around 2 weeks to disappear.

Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?
Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Treatments Question: How was your pleurisy treated?
Pleurisy - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your pleurisy?