Patient Comments: Pleurisy - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your pleurisy?

Comment from: Heather, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

Extremely sharp pain towards back and side when inhaling/exhaling deeply. Very sore in chest area. Also, had the internal "rubbing" sensation and sounds. Sleep was nearly impossible. My pleurisy is a result of having had surgery 5 mos. ago for lung cancer. (Female, age 40)

Comment from: Blossom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I was just diagnosed with Pleurisy, the pain was keeping me up all night but I have one symptom that I don't know if anyone else has experienced. I have some numbness/tingling in my upper right arm, arm pit and right chest area. I am hoping the medicine will work and I will be back to normal.

Comment from: Vincent, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I had a sharp pain in my left lung after I was involved in a motor vehicle accident, I then had pains radiating to both my shoulders which left me temporarily disabled. I consulted my doctor then he took me for X-rays, he then told me I had pleurisy and it also caused the sharp shoulder pains I have been experiencing!

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

My pleurisy symptoms are pain when coughing, pain when breathing and pain and some tenderness when I turn head and neck from left to right.

Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Diagnosis Question: How was the diagnosis of your pleurisy (pleuritis) established?
Pleurisy (Pleuritis) - Treatments Question: How was your pleurisy treated?
Pleurisy - Causes Question: What was the underlying condition that caused your pleurisy?