Plant Thorn Synovitis Index
Plant thorn synovitis (plant thorn arthritis) is joint inflammation caused by a thorn puncturing the joint and leaving residual plant matter in the joint. Symptoms and signs include swelling, reddish discoloration, loss of range of motion, pain, tenderness, and stiffness. Treatment involves a surgical procedure called a synovectomy with joint lavage to remove the affected joint lining tissue and thorn fragments.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. When joints are inflamed they can develop stiffness, warmth, swelling, redness...learn more »
In This Article
- Arthritis facts
- What is arthritis?
- How many types of arthritis exist?
- What causes arthritis?
- What are risk factors for arthritis?
- What are arthritis symptoms and signs?
- Who is affected by arthritis?
- How do
health-care professionals diagnose arthritis? Why is a diagnosis important?
- Is there an arthritis diet?
- Are there foods to avoid when you have arthritis?
- What is the treatment for arthritis?
- What are the prognosis (outlook) for arthritis, and what are arthritis complications?
- Is it possible to prevent arthritis?
- What is a rheumatologist, and what specialties of doctors treat arthritis?
- What is the Arthritis Foundation?
Septic arthritis, or infectious arthritis, is infection of one or more joints by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Symptoms and signs...learn more »
In This Article
Septic Arthritis Article
- Septic arthritis facts
- What is septic arthritis?
- What microbes cause septic arthritis?
- Is septic arthritis contagious?
- Who is at risk of developing septic arthritis?
- What are symptoms and signs of septic arthritis?
- Which doctors specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of septic arthritis?
- How do physicians diagnose septic arthritis?
- What is the treatment for septic arthritis?
- Are there home remedies for septic arthritis?
- What are complications of septic arthritis?
- What is the prognosis of septic arthritis?
- Is it possible to prevent septic arthritis?