Patient Comments: Pityriasis Rosea - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your pityriasis rosea?

Comment from: Justagirl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

When I was diagnosed with Pityriasis Rosea my doctor prescribed a tanning bed to me. I went three times a week for a couple of weeks or so and it worked like a charm! Nothing else was helping!

Comment from: tunagirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

I too received a flu shot and two weeks later developed the flu, with high fevers and a neck so stiff that I thought I had meningitis and was evaluated for it. Then I developed this awful rash on the top of my hands, back, and it is on my legs now. I have taken steroids and every cream imaginable. Just hoping it will be over in 4 to 6 weeks as advised. Now I know how the people who had leprosy felt! I will never get another flu shot!

Comment from: Ricey610, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

Do not. I repeat, do not, use head and shoulders as a lotion. I tried it and I got a severe chemical burn from this stuff. I had never had one before but it is not fun. It is the worst experience I have ever felt. As a body wash it's safe, but not as a lotion.

Pityriasis Rosea - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with pityriasis rosea?
Pityriasis Rosea - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with pityriasis rosea.
Pityriasis Rosea - Prognosis Question: Please discuss your pityriasis rosea prognosis.