Patient Comments: Pinworms - Experience

Did more than one member of your family become infected with pinworms?

Comment from: Nudebie, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 01

My 13 year old daughter has also been suffering with pinworms since the age of 1. Medications have never helped. So I just try to control the outbreaks most nights while she"s sleeping.

Comment from: eduan, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 14

I am struggling to get the pinworm infection under control with my 13-year-old daughter. I noticed it at 1-year-old. We are still struggling and we are a family of six. No one else has it.

Comment from: Shirley, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I have been suffering with a pinworm infestation for more than 6 months. I have no idea how I got it, no one else in my family has it. I have been to two gastrointestinal doctors, my family doctor, and even a holistic practitioner. I just had a colonoscopy yesterday and I have had three stool study tests. The worms do not show up in any of them. I have taken Albenza once, Pin-X once, and Mebendazole four times. I have used oil of oregano, earth diatoms, and a month-long colon cleanse. I still have them and the only way to describe the itching is demonic. If anyone out there has any ideas I will try anything.

Comment from: anonymous, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

Suffered from it during childhood, and again once in adulthood. Keep in mind that undercooked pork could be a possibility. I believe this is what caused the adult case, but not for sure. Definitely an extremely difficult thing to deal with, but try not to make child feel bad or else it will stick with them mentally for a while. I am now battling every day with OCD and phobia of contracting it again. Definitely a struggle mentally for me.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 23

Yes at least three out of six were definitely infected with pinworms.

Comment from: Olive, Published: March 11

I saw my son had rectal itching 2 years ago and I finally found a worm. I then realized I had them too and saw one on me. My son seems to have been free of them for a few months now. I still have them and they bother me day and night. When I say I have tried seeing all sorts of doctors, been treated and treated myself with many things I'm talking everything. I only get temporary relief. Doctors think I'm neurotic I guess, since no tests show them.

Pinworms - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with pinworm infection? Were you surprised by the diagnosis?
Pinworms - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication, did you or a relative receive for a pinworm infection?