Patient Comments: Pink Eye - Facts

Did your pinkeye spread to any other members of your family?

Comment from: SammyNRobby, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

The very next morning after my 15 month old had shown symptoms of pinkeye, my 2 year old did too. Now they're both home, I got the drops and I am trying to keep everything and everybody clean. I guess we will see if anyone else gets it too. I am hoping that I did not spread it at daycare.

Comment from: C, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 13

My sons both had it the same day, then it cleared up in about 4 days with antibiotic drops. 10 days later I got it!

Comment from: ohiomom, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 09

Pink eye passed between my girls. My nine-year-old had it and the day that she cleared up, her seven- year-old sister got it. I was extremely careful about hand washing and washed towels, sheets, blankets, and door knobs, so I'm surprised to see that it passed between them.

Comment from: RickyN, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 19

The first time I had pinkeye, it did spread to others in my family, as I didn't know about it at all. But the second time I kept my hands really clean and took all precautions and ensured it didn't spread to anyone other than myself. Yes it's very, very, contagious on touch. And you have to make very sure you don't spread it or contribute to its spread.

Comment from: Emmalou, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 05

My son has pink eye. It has been going around the school. We are washing hands and all surfaces and towels, etc. We have four younger children. Warm Chamomile tea bags left on the eyes for 10 minutes multiple times a day do help. Dabbing a cotton ball in the tea and brushing the eye lid help for younger children who do not like to sit still.

Comment from: Martiann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 02

I got pinkeye about two weeks ago. When the heat came on my eyes would tear up. I tried allergy eye drops and that didn't help. I changed to hypo-allergenic mascara and my eyes watered more. Going without makeup was terrible and finally I succumbed to the doctor and got antibiotic drops which burned dreadfully. Now I am feeling better and hope that eye disease is gone forever. I am 62 and never had anything like this before. I may have gotten it from my grandchildren. My daughter had it 2 1/2 years ago when she had her 2nd baby. She couldn't see how to back up and hit a fence on her way to the hospital. Her episode lasted a week.

Published: January 04

Yes. 33 year old female, mother, had pink eye and now a week later the 3 year old female daughter has pink eye.

Pink Eye - Symptoms Question: How long did the symptoms of your pink eye last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Pink Eye - Treatments Question: What was the home treatment for your pink eye?
Pink Eye - Contagious Question: What do you do to keep from getting or spreading pink eye?