Patient Comments: Pinched Nerve - Causes

What was the cause of your pinched nerve?

Comment from: Jan, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 24

I got into accident 3 months back, a car rear-ended me. Since then, I been having a tremendous pain in my upper neck and lower back. I was in pain with pins and needles with my lower and upper back. Numbness and tingling with my arms and legs. I have an intense pain in the right lower back, from the buttocks down through my knee. It feels like electrical sensation running and poking my legs, arms and back. I have also an intense headache, my head was pounding in pain, from upper neck all the way through my spine that will cause me having difficulty sleeping at night.

Comment from: DeWALTerWhite, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: September 07

I've been experiencing pain in the lower back, left side for 3 weeks. Week 1 was about 4 pain level. It got worse over time. Now I'm at a level 8. I had x-rays. I have a pinched nerve with bone spur in my last two vertebrae. I'm on an oral steroid, prednisone, for inflammation and pain (that's not working). MRI at this point is too expensive and we should wait until I can't walk or when I experience level 10 pain. (Hey, I'm already seeing bright lights from the pain). So at the doctor's suggestion is to wait and see if I heal on my own. I can't walk but 50 ft. without stopping, my left leg cramps up so bad. I've already missed 3 days of work (no pay).

Comment from: Joycee Bastain, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 25

There are many causes for pinched nerve. I got this when I met with an accident. Applying ointment does not help, a homemade remedy which is a mixture of cinnamon and honey helps me to get relief from this pain.

Comment from: garybegleman, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I was wounded on the freeway by truck going approximately 30 mph.

Pinched Nerve - Treatment Question: What treatment have you had for your pinched nerve? Did it help?
Pinched Nerve - Symptoms Question: What do your pinched nerve symptoms feel like? Pain, tingling, numbness, or something else?
Pinched Nerve - Diagnosis Question: How was your pinched nerve diagnosed? Did you have an MRI, CT scan, or other test to diagnose your nerve condition?