Patient Comments: Pinched Nerve - Treatment

What treatment have you had for your pinched nerve? Did it help?

Comment from: Rumba Nair, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I am suffering with burning throbbing pain in my shoulder blade. I have taken 2 pain injections and several different medicines for pinched nerve, ibuprofen, Betapyn, Celebrex and Robaxin, but pain is still there.

Comment from: tina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I had a pinched nerve, and after months of physical therapy I went to an osteopath and got an injection of Novocain into the muscle. I had immediate relief and correction!

Comment from: Songbird 7, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

The treatment that helped the longest for pinched nerve was an injection of a steroid into the nerve and SI (sacroiliac) joint. This decreased the swelling and relieved the pain for over a year.

Comment from: ljmn, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I have a C-spine pinched nerve, which causes pain in my arm. I tried physiotherapy, which didn"t help a bit. The best thing is to go for the cortisone epidural shot. I have now been pain free for over a year (I have also been very careful using my arm). You can have up to 3 shots to make sure it takes effect. I usually have 2 and they are generally given at least 2 weeks apart. It"s painful, but worth it!

Comment from: Daisy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

I have had pinched nerve for a couple of years which I cope with; I spray and ice for muscle pain relief, when it is bad. Two days ago I awoke to excruciating pain in my right arm; it starts at the shoulder and runs all the way down the arm to my fingers. I have had the numbness and tingling in the past but we seem to have skipped that bit at the moment and gone to just excruciating pain. I know it's only two days but at the moment it is the longest most painful sensation ever. I am thinking that a peripheral nerve block might help.

Comment from: paula, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

My pain started in my lower back when I lifted a heavy piece of granite. I suffered incredible pain for 7 months. Numerous visits to the chiropractor helped my back but now for the past 3 months the pain in my left butt is unbearable. My chiropractor says it is just a pinched nerve but nothing is helping. I can't stand the pain and not being able to function.

Comment from: Henry J., 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 24

I woke with a stiff neck. My daughter-in-law started to massage my neck and she hit a spot that sent me right to my knees. I had excruciating spasms every 15 minutes for 26 to 27 hours. I could not sleep, it was awful. This occurred on December 21, 2014. I have had the pinched nerve since then. I had an MRI. I went to chiropractor for 8 sessions. That didn't help at all. I am seeing a neurologist on March 31st. He will probably give me a cortisone shot.

Comment from: jim, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: July 30

I am taking 300mg/day of gabapentin for my pinched nerve. No effect!

Pinched Nerve - Symptoms Question: What do your pinched nerve symptoms feel like? Pain, tingling, numbness, or something else?
Pinched Nerve - Diagnosis Question: How was your pinched nerve diagnosed? Did you have an MRI, CT scan, or other test to diagnose your nerve condition?
Pinched Nerve - Causes Question: What was the cause of your pinched nerve?