pilocarpine gel - ophthalmic, Pilopine HS
GENERIC NAME: PILOCARPINE GEL - OPHTHALMIC (pie-low-KAR-peen)
BRAND NAME(S): Pilopine HS
USES: This medication is used alone or with other medications to treat high pressure inside the eye due to glaucoma or other eye diseases (e.g., ocular hypertension). Lowering high pressure inside the eye helps to prevent blindness, vision loss, and nerve damage. Pilocarpine works by decreasing the amount of fluid within the eye.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions