Patient Comments: Pick's Disease - Symptoms

What was your friend or relative's symptoms of Pick's disease? How is the patient coping?

Comment from: Dad, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

Last November, 2012 I was told I had Alzheimer's disease by a neurologist who I just met and was told knew the best. Then, in January, he told me I didn't have that but that I have FTD (frontotemporal dementia). I was also told I had Sjogren's disease. I also have Tinnitus. All are diseases that can't be corrected, sad to say. As for FTD, my memory is getting worse. Once upon a time my IQ was 148 and now I feel like it's 48. I'm taking Namenda Tab 10mg twice a day, yet I don't see how that's helping me.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 02

My husband is 55 and back in June he was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia (FTD) However, he has been acting weird and gradually losing his memory. It is a horrible illness. I miss the man I met years ago, because he is no longer himself. I feel like I've had to give up my life, too. It is so painful to watch your loved one slowly die without being able to do anything to help. I am so sorry.

Pick Disease - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment has your loved one received for Pick disease?
Pick Disease - Progression Question: What has been/was your relative or friend's progression of Pick disease (dementia)?