Patient Comments: Phobias - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your phobia(s)?

Comment from: Mae, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I have agoraphobia, panic attacks, epilepsy and migraines. My agoraphobia keeps me from attending parent teacher conferences. I have left grocery stores with a full cart, because I am having a panic attack. The fluorescent lighting is going in and out, needs to be changed; it is making me sick to my stomach. I think I am going to have a seizure. When I get home I barely get in the door, and have a grand mal seizure.

Comment from: Distress, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I suffer from agyrophobia, panic of crossing the streets.

Phobias - Cause Question: What was the cause of your phobia?
Phobias - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your phobia?
Phobias - Types Question: Describe your phobia, how it makes you feel, and if you've received treatment for it.
Phobias - Assessment Question: Discuss the tests, exams, and/or different doctors you saw to treat your phobia.
Phobias - Coping Question: Please share tips and suggestions for how to cope with your particular phobia.