Patient Comments: Phlebitis - Causes

What was the cause of your phlebitis?

Comment from: gmitch, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I started with phlebitis symptoms 8 weeks ago. On the side of my calf, I had a hard lump with redness and swelling that would occasionally show up around my ankle. I had an ultrasound; there was no deep vein thrombosis. Doctor wanted me to spend a week with my leg elevated, apply heat and take ibuprofen (I'm allergic to aspirin and have just recently been able to take Aleve). I tried my best to stay off my feet; hard to do as I"m very active and at 56 working cleaning houses. I believe I might have bumped my leg the same day I rode in the car on a long trip; maybe that caused the phlebitis. I will see the doctor today again. Hope this clears up soon.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 04

When I sit at a chair for a long period of time it hurts in the back of the legs (more right than left).

Phlebitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with Phlebitis.
Phlebitis - Risk Factors Question: If known, what were your risk factors for developing phlebitis?
Phlebitis - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with phlebitis?
Phlebitis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medications, did you receive for your phlebitis?